Our client is a globally recognised investment Manager who have recently setup operations in Ireland and are currently seeking a Risk Manager to join their Dublin 1 office.
As the Risk Manager, you will be responsible for controlling, reporting and analysis of the risk management framework of the Company with focus across both investment and operational risk management. You will report to the CRO.
- Performing the Fund Risk Frameworks controls, ensuring risk framework adherence across the relevant risk categories (market, credit, liquidity risk etc) and that risk measurement techniques and reporting are correctly developed and applied.
- Controlling, reporting and maintenance of the investment risk controls and reports to include, Absolute VaR, Relative VaR, Commitment approach, Stress Tests and/or Scenario Analysis.
- Act as first point of contact for review and challenge of CIO team’s interpretation and application of the risk frameworks and controlling on the outcomes.
- Providing assistance in the risk review and analysis for the new product approval process.
- Preparation of ad hoc commentary and reporting on specific aspects of investment risk as it pertains to the firm’s products.
- Producing reporting and analysis on fund performance, to include performance contribution and attribution.
- Responsible for day to day risk control activities related to operational risk inherent in activities, processes and systems, including as part of the risk & control self-assessment process.
- Establishment and implementation of processes to regularly monitor Operational Risk profiles and material exposures to losses, including development of relevant metrics.
- Implementation of strategies, policies, processes and procedures to control and/or mitigate material operational risks.
- Development of the operational risk event response framework, including root cause analysis and remediation tracking.
- Identification and monitoring of potential gaps in the current risk and control profile and providing consulting and assistance to other functions to increase the level of risk awareness.
- Assist the CRO in preparation and running of the Risk Committee, including review of the agenda, compiling and delivering content and preparation of minutes.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Economics/Finance/Mathematics etc.
- At least 3/4 years of financial services experience, preferably gained in a risk or asset management context.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of UCITS regulations (advantageous).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Completion, or interest in pursuing, professional certifications such as FRM, PRM or CFA will be considered a plus.
How to apply:
For further information on this job please apply via this link with your updated CV to Stephen O’Connor at Camden Recruitment, or alternatively if you are only passively looking and would like to arrange a confidential call you can contact me directly on 01-5390610
|Job Category||Featured Opportunities, Investment Management|
|Job Type||Full time|