Product Management Specialist – Investment Operations
Rare opportunity for a high calibre operations professional to move into a commercial position and work in a front office environment.
The Product Management Team have responsibility for the project management and implementation of all new product / fund launches and any restructures to existing funds including Manager changes.
This involves coordinating all internal and external parties (investments, legal, compliance, operations, sales, and finance), project managing all required steps to ensure all risks are covered to allow for a successful launch/change.
- To deliver all fund related projects assigned on time in a risk controlled manner, identify key issues requiring escalation and resolution and provide a full audit trail.
- Take ownership and responsibility for project managing any new fund launches or restructures to existing products
- working closely with the Investment team, lawyers both internal and external to draft new fund prospectuses and or sub fund supplements
- Working closely with the fund Custodian and Administrator
- identifying issues but also offering and putting forward ideas and solutions
- Perform due diligence on underlying fund of funds selected for investment in the Mercer range of funds by the Portfolio Managers.
- Liaise with our tax advisers on a range of tax issues impacting the funds in particular withholding taxes.
- Provide support to the Manager of the Product Management Team on operational change, risk management and overall operational planning.
- Develop and implement appropriate risk controls and procedures and ensure all parties are adhering to these procedures and controls
- Develop a strong relationship with both internal and external parties
- Degree Qualified (CFA, CAIA or ACCA desirable)
- 3 Years + experience with funds, asset management, or capital markets
- Prior experience project managing new fund / product launches.
- Professional and proactive approach to work.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail key requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with internal and external clients at all levels.
- Knowledge of hedge, fund of fund, private equity or mutual funds
- Ability to work effectively within a small, fast growing team and assist in the leading, managing and development of that team.
- Excellent IT skills including the Microsoft Package.
For a confidential discussion please call Mark on 086 301 9222 or email your CV by pressing the apply button.
|Job Category||Asset & Wealth Management|
|Salary||40,000 - 45,000 + Bonus|